May 4, 2014

For the First Time in A While

I have been so swamped with studying; life doesn't even feel real right now.
This morning, I spent three hours taking the SAT Subject tests....
even though I only took two tests (one hour each), gridding in all the personal info
took forever and we started much later than I had anticipated.

Funny story though; my friend and I went to the bathroom during our five minute break,
and we accidentally went through these doors that only open from one side
to get to the bathroom. On our way back, we realized that the doors were locked and
we had a minute of break time left. THANKFULLY, one of my friends was on her way out
and she opened the door for us lol. We literally sprinted back (isn't it fun to run in the hallways?)
and made it with a few seconds to spare ;)




My brother and I are super close, and sometimes I take that for granted.
We're only a year and a half apart, and he literally knows me inside and out.
We definitely get on each other's nerves and get all snappy with each other,
but at the end of the day, he's literally one of my best friends. I never really realized
that not all siblings are that close and I wish everyone had a sibling that they could 
relate to. Sometimes it's difficult to explain family issues or private stuff to others
because it's just not the same as talking to someone who's going through the same 
situations, you know? 

Anyways, today was the first time in a really long time (pretty much the first time
this school year I think?) that I actually sat down at the dinner table to eat dinner.
My brother and I were the only ones eating at the time, and usually we spend our dinners
separately in our own little working areas; mine being my room and his the "library"/home office.
But I guess the reason why we just happened to sit down together was simply because we were just
so tired of the stuff we've been caught up with. (mine being 5 hours of being trapped in my room self-studying AP Psychology :P )

But it was so refreshing to just sit down and talk as we ate dinner. We talked about everything;
from Steinbeck and Shakespeare to tacos vs. burritos. My brother even made up his own word
and we just had fun. I can understand now why when people get older they want to meet up with their
siblings and have family get togethers. It'll be harder to spend time with family when our lives get so much
busier and everyone has different schedules; even more different than things already are.
So for those of you out there who are still young and feel really sick of their siblings, I feel you, but
you're gonna miss the times when you were able to spend time with your family and not have to 
dedicate so much time to school and work.





xoxo, Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment