May 19, 2014

Coconut Lemon Blueberry Muffins (Gluten-Free)








I got this recipe from Paleo Newbie (http://www.paleonewbie.com/lemon-blueberry-paleo-muffins-recipe/)

and made this for Mother's Day 2014! It was AMAZING by the way;
the only thing that I modified was the "flour" part. She used 2 cups of almond flour
but I used 1 cup almond flour and 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour.

I definitely wish that I added chia seeds to the batter before baking so it would look like
I added poppyseeds! (lemon poppyseed is one of my favorite flavors of muffins)
But these came out great regardless. They were much denser than I had expected and I guess
that's because I'm so used to making super liquid-y batters (ex: my banana muffins) and this 
batter was really thick, so if you're looking for a fluffier, less cake-like muffin, try adding maybe only 1/2 a cup of all-purpose gluten free flour instead.

If you want a vegan version of this, just substitute the eggs with flax seed "egg".





tastes SOO good with apricot jelly 


This muffin got great reviews from my family members,
including my aunt and uncle who were visiting from NYC and of course, my mom loved them too!
Thanks Paleo Newbie for the recipe!

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment