April 24, 2014

Vegan, Gluten-Free::Coconut Sweet Potato Fries


YUMMY
Sweet potato fries are my favorites, but whenever I get them at restaurants,
they're always super charred and burnt :( 
I like big steak-fries sized sweet potato fries, so I took it upon myself to make 
my own. They're creamy like mashed potatoes on the outside, but
perfectly crisp on the outside with a hint of coconut flavor. If you want, 
you can even coat them in some coconut flakes, but I just kept it simple with black pepper.

Recipe: Coconut Sweet Potato Fries
                                                                     By: Hannah Claudia        
                                                                                                                                                                  

1 sweet potato, cut into fries (you can keep the peel on but my potatoes aren't organic and potatoes have a lot of pesticides, so I just peeled them)
1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
toppings: black pepper, salt (I never salt my food though), coconut flakes, etc.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Microwave the sweet potato fries for about 7 minutes
2. Toss the sweet potatoes in the coconut oil and toppings
3. Bake at 350*F for about 20-25 minutes (or until you achieve the desired color on the outside)







This was an awesome snack; sweet potatoes are 
a great source of complex carbs and they're so full of great nutrients. 
Fries like these aren't really considered "fries" since they're so healthy!
These are fries that don't come with the side of guilt ;)

xoxo, Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment