April 18, 2014

Vegan, Gluten-Free::Banana Granola





I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE granola!
I also love nuts, and as an effort to cut back on nuts,
I made some granola as a substitute in order to satiate my "crunch"
cravings! I never like how so many granola recipes consist
of so much oil and sugar, but I have never been successful with
making low-sugar and low-fat granola. 

I stumbled upon this recipe: http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/banana-granola/

and decided to try it out! I didn't add any nuts and threw in some banana chips
and orange-flavored dried cranberries (from Trader Joe's) at the end.
My granola was quite soft, so next time, I think I'll puree the bananas into the wet mixture
before mixing it with the dry ingredients to avoid soft-chewy (in a bad way) granola bits.


















Despite those soft granola bits, I still think this granola 
properly satiated my crunch cravings. I'm equally obsessed with
granola as I am with nuts, but I try not to make granola too often
so it's nice to have it around every now and then ;) I'm currently
on a self-prescribed "detox" so I'm basically just trying to eat a predominantly
plant based diet. I usually do eat a plant-based diet, but I also have things like
granola and oats in my diet, but I get too carried away with snacking on things like
that so I've been stricter with myself, and I'm happy to say that it's going well!

My tips for people who are trying to eat healthier:
-plan your meals
-have pre-cut fruits/veggies in the fridge at all times
-prevent yourself from binge-eating by not having those
foods in your house (just don't buy them!)

best of luck!
xoxo, Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment