April 8, 2014

Vegan, Gluten-Free, Low-Fat::Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing



Have you ever had that orange salad dressing that they serve
at Japanese restaurants that make salads 1000x better?
I've never been able to find it in stores, and since I don't 
eat dairy or a lot of calorie-dense dressings, I typically reach for my
homemade almond miso dressing that I've previously shared.

But the other day, I was googling up random recipes and stumbled
upon a recipe for carrot-ginger salad dressing and realized that it was
basically the same dressing that they serve at Japanese restaurants
that I love so much. I've altered the recipe to make it a lot healthier and simpler,
and here it is ;) :

Recipe: Japanese Carrot-Ginger Dressing
                                                                     By: Hannah Claudia        
                                                                                                                                                                  

3 carrots, chopped
2 inch piece of ginger, chopped (add more if you really like ginger)
3 tablespoons of miso paste
4 tablespoons of rice vinegar or sushi vinegar
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
 about 1/4 cup of water (depends on how thick you want the dressing to be)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Put all the ingredients except for the water in the food processor
and pulse until it starts to look like a thick paste.
2. Add as much water as you want and mix everything.



Here are some of my recent salad pairings with this dressing:



2. Flaked Salmon Salad



2. Rainbow Bean Salad



3. Asian Flavors Inspired Spring Salad


If you want to encourage yourself to eat more vegetables,
this dressing is the cure ;)

xoxo, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Can look at my blog and see nutritional facts of healthy, low fat food at grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete