April 24, 2014

Simple Dinner: Coconut Sweet Potato Fries and Creamy Green Salad

Sometimes I just want to eat good old comfort food, and for me,
comfort food is something super creamy and rich, like mac & cheese,
clam chowder, congee....

But at the same time, comfort food is really super heavy 
and comes with a side of food coma. So here's my version of
a creamy comfort food that's filling, but not heavy. Plus, it's gluten free and vegan!


Creamy Green Salad:
1/2 an avocado, diced
1/8-1/4 cup of frozen peas, cooked
1-2 tsp of  nutritional yeast
1 tsp lemon juice (fresh of course)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Toss all of the ingredients together
2. If you want, serve it in the shell of the avocado!







nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor like mac & cheese, but it's vegan
and full of good fats. I like to add some lemon juice just to brighten up the flavors
since avocados and peas are so rich and creamy. 



I literally just ate, but I'm craving some of this right now 

xoxo, Hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment