April 17, 2014

Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added::Sweet Potato Swiss Roll Recipe (Twist on Sorted Food's Savory Swiss Roll)



Huge shoutout to those lovely @sortedfood boys who 
shared this recipe last Sunday on Fridge Cam. 
I've been a long time subscriber of @sortedfood on Youtube,
and I've basically learned how to cook from them & Laura Vitale!

I'm always looking for gluten-free and sugar-free recipes
and I was so excited to see that this recipe is naturally sweetened by
the sweet potatoes and requires no flour/grains!


The boys made a savory swiss roll but I wanted to make it 
into a dessert, so I swapped out the sesame seeds for unsweetened
coconut flakes and filled the jelly roll with unsweetened applesauce!









you know that you've properly whipped your egg whites into
stiff peaks when you turn the bowl over and they stay in the bowl!



fold the sweet potato puree and egg white mixture gently
to retain as much air as possible!




i think you can officially call me the coconut girl...




I made mine a bit too thin so it was difficult to remove
from the wax paper so I definitely recommend spreading
the batter to at least a depth of 1/2 inches (mine was literally 2 cm max)


APPLESAUCE <3




cut off the end bits to make it more presentable
(and to test taste!)







Recipe: http://sortedfood.com/#!/savouryswissroll/


Thanks Sorted Food!

xoxo, Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment