March 10, 2014

Vegan, Gluten-Free: Brownie in a Mug FAIL


Even though it tasted good, it wasn't a brownie...
...so i guess i kinda have to call it a fail...
so i'm just going to walk you guys through everything
that I did to avoid my mistakes ;)

Here's the original recipe that I followed: 
http://thepaleomama.com/2013/01/two-minute-paleo-mug-brownie/


I didn't read the entire recipe fully and I just substituted the coconut sugar
with 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes and some maple syrup.
What I was supposed to do was:
"Use 2 TB of honey or maple syrup and ONLY 1 TB of milk/coffee!!!"

 oops...
cause I added 2 tablespoons of almond milk.


I didn't want to only use 2 tablespoons of an egg...
I didn't feel like cooking the rest
(i didn't consider making another batch for my family...whoops)

so I substituted that with 2 tablespoons of applesauce.



everything seemed normal before microwaving it...




but after microwaving it for 1 minute, 
a ton of the mixture kinda just exploded and fell out of the ramekin.
So next time, I'll definitely remember to actually make this in a MUG.


the "brownie" was super gooey after a total of 1 min. 30 secs.
in the microwave and I didn't have the heart to continue microwaving it
and cleaning up after the spilled contents ;)

so I just ate the half gooey-half crunchy (from the almond flour) mixture.
it was yummy but i'm not a fan of the weird texture lol


definitely going to try this recipe another time and try to avoid 
the mistakes I made this time :)

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment