March 1, 2014

Oatmeal Pairings: Banana Nut Muffin


I love muffins, but I find that eating them in the morning
makes me want to eat them all and that's not exactly 
my favorite way to start the morning off.
So instead, I eat oatmeal and my stomach is properly 
satiated without extra calories that I'd rather reserve for dessert. 



**New tip for cooking oatmeal: if you want a really sweet oatmeal,
mash in the bananas into your oatmeal as you cook it.
Personally, I don't like the super strong banana flavor that this
step adds to the oatmeal, so I prefer to just slice the bananas and mix them in,
but this step is worth considering if you're looking to sweeten up your oatmeal naturally!


Recipe: Banana Nut Muffin Oatmeal
                                                                     By: Hannah Claudia                  
                                                                                                                                                                   

1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal
1 banana, sliced
1/8 cup of walnuts, chopped

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!




What are your favorite muffins?
Mine are: banana nut, cranberry nut, blueberry orange juice oat (i'll share this recipe in the future!),
lemon poppyseed, and cornbread muffins....yeah muffins are a bit of an obsession of mine...

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment