March 17, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Waffles




After failing at several attempts at making my own recipe for gluten-free waffles, I finally gave in and looked up a gluten-free waffle batter recipe. I don’t typically use rice flour when I make desserts; I prefer oat flour since it’s not as starchy. However, oat flour doesn’t help the baked good or dessert hold its shape as well, so it’s not ideal for waffles that have to be taken out of waffle irons. Anyways, here are my results after trying out the minimalist baker’s recipe ;): 
http://minimalistbaker.com/lemon-blueberry-waffles-vegan-gluten-free/







These waffles freeze beautifully, which makes having dessert on weeknights much easier. I just pop’em into the toaster until they’ve warmed through and I love eating them with sliced bananas, flax seeds, chopped walnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, and almond milk. *heaven*



(this is how i freeze them: i put a sheet of wax paper between each waffle and stick 'em all 
in a large ziplock bag)


xoxo, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you found a recipe that suits your taste. That batch of waffles is definitely making my mouth water. Hopefully, my batch of waffles will turn out as great as yours, once I try that recipe. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Hannah! All the best to you! :)

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete