February 7, 2014

Lazy Morning Breakfast



Snow filled streets and tree branches that are encased in ice.
Staying warm in your fuzzy pajamas, laying in bed until 8,
and drinking hot French vanilla tea.




Usually my breakfast is a simple green juice consisting 
of a handful of kale, a banana, and an apple. 
But when I have time in the morning, like the other day when
we had a snow day, I like to make something warm and hearty.
What's better than my "Banana Nut Muffin" oatmeal?

I add 1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats to a pot of 1/2 cup of liquid 
(1/4 cup of boiling water and 1/4 cup of boiling almond milk). 
After it's cooked, I immediately pour it into my bowl and
add a sliced banana on top and a small handful of chopped walnuts.
I find that oatmeal tends to harden and get cold quickly,
so usually I immediately start mixing the oatmeal and toppings
together, but I wanted it to look all layered and pretty for the photo ;)


Another difference from my regular morning routine is 
drinking black tea ;) I love drinking this French Vanilla black tea by
Bigelow with a splash of almond milk! 



What's your lazy morning routine? 

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment