February 11, 2014

Gluten-Free Pizza Recipe



Gluten-free doughs are expensive and they require a ton 
of ingredients, and quite frankly, sometimes, I just want to be
able to eat pizza without the heavy carbs.

Broccoli/Cauliflower crusts have become the 
big new trend, and for good reason too ;)
They're super flavorful and act well as pizza crusts!!



Recipe: Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
                                                                      By: Hannah Claudia                  
                                                                                                                                                                      
1 head of broccoli, rinsed and roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 eggs
1 tsp oregano
1/4 cup of mozzarella

and...Your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings!

::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Put the broccoli pieces in a food processor and blend until you get
a "rice" like consistency.
2. Wrap the broccoli "rice" in some paper towels and squeeze
to get the water out. Place in a separate bowl.
3. Process the onion and garlic until finely minced.
4. Add the processed onion and garlic with the broccoli "rice".
Mix in all the other ingredients.
5. Spray some parchment/wax paper generously with non-stick spray
(i hate using non-stick spray but trust me, you'll want to be able to eat the pizza
without having to peel off the wax paper every time you take a bite!)
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 450*F.
7. Spread on your favorite pizza sauce and add your favorite toppings.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.


I think next time I make this I'll definitely cut back on the cheese!
I can't believe I said that, but this recipe satiated my 
pizza cravings well enough to the point that I figured that the recipe
could be even healthier with less cheese ;)
My toppings included caramelized onions, mushrooms, tofu,
and a combination of mozzarella/cheddar/gouda cheese 
(yeah, i think it's definitely worth cutting back on the cheese!).
My family, who eats relatively healthy but aren't really
health fanatics like I am, really enjoyed this pizza too ;)



What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Leave a comment below and try this recipe out!

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment