February 18, 2013

Serenity


Happy Presidents' Day everybody☺. 

▲▲▲

For me, this past weekend was a mix of work and relaxation.
Thursday-Saturday were pretty hectic. Volunteering, homework, 
classes, and a family dinner where I got to meet my baby cousin and
my cousin's boyfriend for the first time. I love having plans but a period
of relaxation and isolation was desperately needed after the past month of tests and finishing
midterms and projects. Sunday and Monday, my parents and my brother were away,
and I was at home with my grandparents.
After watching so many videos on YouTube about loving yourself,
I decided it was time that I took a break. After taking a nice, looong shower,
I used a LUSH bath bomb (Chistmas gift from my aunt♥) and took a sparkly bubble bath.
I used lotion religiously afterwards, and used a facial mask. I wore comfy socks over my
pampered feet (used Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream), leggings, and a hoodie. All was well.

▲▲▲


Unfortunately, my friend couldn't come over as a result of tons of homework and problematic scheduling. Being the person that I am, I couldn't sit around and watch TV all day since she wasn't here.
Breaks from school can not be wasted so easily. So I went to town by baking blueberry
muffins, chocolate chip cookies (accidentally used baking powder instead of baking soda :P
no worries, the texture is cakey, but it tastes amazing), and a quiche. I took on several projects
as well, including a DIY collared tank top, DIY Brandy Melville Sadie Tank inspired tank tops (out of breath now), and some decorative owls and elephants on my door :). To top it off, I cleaned my room, made my brother's bed (he was pleased when he came home), and even took to cleaning the fridge. Being productive feels so rewarding in the end. But no worries. I still had time to relax more. I watched Good Luck Charlie, Friends, Chopped, and the NBA All-Star Game (can't believe the West won xP). To balance all that, I
restarted my journey of reading The Help. It's so good. Sounds like I did a lot of stuff alone right? Well, I spent a lot of quality time with my grandparents too♥. 

▲▲▲

And all this time without my brother made me miss him a whole lot. Now I understand how he felt when I was away for a week in Germany. Being an only child is so strange. My brother is definitely my best friend. We are so ridiculously close and when he was away, it was like a part of me was gone. Ugh, what am I going to do when I go to college x(?! ...well if I get into college. But I now I understand that I have to treasure these next few years. And that goes for everything else too. Seeing my friends every single day at school is going to be something that I'll miss for sure. After graduation, we'll have to arrange times to meet up with one another. That advantage of going to school and seeing them will be forever gone. So note to self: treasure the little things that you take advantage of everyday. Cause they're gonna matter the most to you in the end. 

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment