January 6, 2013

Clear Skin in a Week....Is it possible?!

I wish so badly that I was one of those lucky people who never got blemishes or just has flawless skin. But I'm not one of them. I've gone through soo many different products trying to clear up my skin. It's extremely stressful trying to find skincare products that work well with so many that are out there promising the same thing: clear skin. 
Recently, my skin kinda just freaked out and it was awful xP. Luckily for me, I already kinda figured out the products that work well for my skin and good habits that helped me clear up my skin in one week. Here are some products that work for me and some tips that I swear by for sensitive, combination skin:

1. Face Routine:
     -Bioderma (crealine h20 for sensitive skin) *(holy grail item for me)
     -Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Scrub *(holy grail item for me)
     -St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (only 3-4 times a week, not daily)
     -Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer

2. Products to treat blemishes:
    -Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick (works the best after you wash your face) *(holy grail item for me)
    -Clean&Clear persa-gel 10 (use only as a spot treatment cause it's powerful stuff)
    -Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish concealer (Conceals and it fights blemishes ;) )
    -not a product but a tip: for under the skin pimples, compress a hot towel or dip a cotton ball into hot water and place it on top of the blemish. this might sting a bit but it works so well. do it a few more times and then I just apply the herbal blemish stick.

3. Masks:
   -Homemade oatmeal/yogurt/honey mask (so gentle and it's great for getting rid of redness)

4. Diet:
   -eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Though it's important to drink water, water just goes through you. Vegetables and fruits take longer for your body to process and digest, and afterwards, all the water and nutrients will be released. This will help you get immediate results, I promise. Eating vegetables that have a lot of water in them like bok choy or tomatoes are really good for your skin. 
   -drink lots of water!!! it'll help keep your skin from getting too dry, and your body needs it.
   -refrain from eating too much salty/sweet foods :( it's tough, i know. but your skin will clear up.
   -green tea ♥

5. Be Active
   -get your heart pumping with some type of exercise. this way, you get rid of bad blood and your pores open up and you sweat. Just make sure you wash your face afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment