October 7, 2012

Childhood Memories on a Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Let's start off with an OOTD shall we? ;)


It's gotten much colder outside; it was about 45 degrees Fahrenheit
all morning long. 

[White V Neck: TJ Maxx, Gray Cardigan: by Ann Taylor but I got it at Goodwill (my cousin picked it out ;)), Green Apple Scarf: H&M, Jeans: Forever 21, Boots: Delia's]



As you may be able to tell in the background, I went to the local library today. 
I don't go there very often anymore to just browse around for a new read so this was
a rare visit for me. Usually, I'll place a book on hold and my mom will pick it up for me. 

Today, as I was walking around the children's section, tons of really good memories of when I was
little came flooding back to me. I loved to read(and I still do), so naturally, books were (and still are) incredibly important to me. Books not only entertain us, but also shape our minds. We may not realize it, but the lessons, morals, and values in a book change our way of thinking. In my opinion, we tend to remember
the classic fairy tales or superhero stories like Cinderella or Superman, but these are some of my favorite books, authors, or series from when I was little that caught my attention today, and might stir up some memories for you too:

Richard Scary
Dr. Seuss
Toad and Frog
Ameilia Bedelia
The Berenstein Bears
The Mitten 
Jan Brett
Lois Lowry
The Bailey School Kids
Junie B. Jones
The Magic Treehouse
Gooseberry Park
The Rainbow Fish
The Tale of Peter Rabbit
The Secret Garden
Anne of Green Gables
Winnie The Pooh
Curious George
Goodnight Moon
Fireflies
Tomie de Paola
The Popcorn Book
Roald Dahl
Where The Wild Things Are
Harry Potter

and of course, the American Girl series


"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."
— Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"

♥Other words that remind me of childhood:♥
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
Arthur
Applesauce
Dragon Tales
Mr. Rogers
Clifford
Putt Putt video games
Cyberchase
Ballet
Barbie dolls
Hide&Seek
Tag
Tricycle
Looney Tunes
Fireflies
Roller Blading
Climbing Trees
Disney
Toy Story
Monster's Inc
Fairs
Beach
Playground
Webkinz
Tom and Jerry
Ice Cream Truck
Capture the Flag
Snake River
Teddy Bear
Butterflies
The Land Before Time
Maya and Miguel
Rick Charette ("I Love Mud" ♪)
Kites
Farms
Pumpkin Picking
Snoopy
Climbing trees





No comments:

Post a Comment