April 14, 2016

Mamoun's Falafel (Princeton, NJ)







Relatively inexpensive, good food. What more can you want?!

We visited Mamoun's about two months ago, and I swear the wonderful flavors are still lingering in my mouth. Here's a breakdown of what we ordered and what we liked the best:
Chicken Shwarma Plate: Although it was definitely very salty, the chicken remained the highlight. It was fragrant and incredibly tender. Our sides included falafel, tabbouleh, and rice; the dish came with a side salad and pita. 

I was really excited about the falafel, but unfortunately, it wasn't that great. I think my opinion of a falafel has been too heavily influenced by the falafel that I get at a campus restaurant (the inside is basically soft hummus while the exterior is crispy). Mamoun's falafel was rather dry and mealy on the inside; nothing totally wrong but not what I prefer.

The other sides were pretty standard; nothing in specific jumped out at us.



My dad also ordered a plate (lamb? I'm not sure!) with a side of pickles (he, my brother, and I share a love for pickles), grape leaves, and falafel. 

My brother got a sandwich with some kind of lamb (they have three versions, so one of the three!). He was definitely pleased with what he ordered :)

And now...for my favorite part of this meal: the mambrumeh

"Filo dough with pistachios, walnuts, and almonds soaked in honey" --- do I need to say more? 







xoxo, han



2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I enjoy your blog and I was hoping to contact you via email to ask you about it. Could you please let me know where to reach you? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paulina! Thanks so much for commenting; you can reach me at: hannahclaudia.blogspot@gmail.com. :)

      Delete